Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Cookies..with beer of course.

I've basically decided that beer needs to be in everything that I bake. I struggled to figure out HOW to include it in these cookies and it's not really noticeable in the final product. I think I'll have to tweak cutting out more butter and/or eggs to make room for more beer.

Be warned that these cookies expand a lot, so a little bit of dough goes a long way. Potentially, these cookies could be really good with other stuff in them...more caramel, chocolate chunks...bacon....whatever.


Chocolate Caramel Cookies (Makes about 50 cookies)
Seriously, this recipe makes 50+ cookies.
What? I live with two dudes who can put away a lot of cookies.
I might have eaten a few too.
½ cup butter (1 stick)
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (or other, fancier chocolate of your choosing)
¼ cup beer (preferably something dark, like a porter) I used Evolution’s Lucky 7 Porter
1 ½ cup flour
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 package caramels for topping

Dough, a beer, chocolate and beer.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.

Melt butter, chocolate over low heat until completely melted. Add beer and remove from heat. Allow to cool.

Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly add in chocolate mixture and mix completely. Begin adding flour mixture in thirds. Make sure to mix completely before adding more flour mixture.

Drop by small spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Unwrap caramels and slice in half. Place one half on top of each mound of cookie dough.

Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool. Eat and enjoy!
If I had a candy thermometer,
I would make caramel all the time.
And be really fat.

I can't lie...I bought a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips...and proceeded to munch on the other 2 oz. while baking these cookies...hence the odd amount. I did manage to save a few for the last batch of cookies, which got mixed in to the dough. They chocolate chunks definitely added to the overall deliciousness.

1 comment:

  1. If I had a candy thermometer,
    I would make caramel all the time.
    And be really fat.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete