Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Influenster: Mary Kay.

So I'm not exactly what you'd call a girly girl.

But I do like free things. So of course I signed up for Influenster.com, which provides me with free samples of stuff to try out. Most recently, they sent me a box full of Mary Kay products.

I occasionally wear makeup, especially when I have to present in front of students or fellow scientists. It helps me feel good and ensures that I can focus on the work I am presenting and not worrying about how I look. Hey, you stand up in front of 50 middle school students without feeling like they aren't scrutinizing you.

They are.




I am actually pretty excited about this box. I have never been one to buy in to the whole catalog product thing. Frankly, I've always thought of Avon and Mary Kay in the same category, which is entitled "stuff my grandmother liked". Not that this means I can't like them too, but when it comes to makeup and perfume, we had very different tastes.

I don't want to smell like an old lady.


This is Mary Kay's chance to prove to me that it's more than just my Grandma's makeup.


Included in the box was lipstick, lash primer, mascara, eye color and a brush for application.

So now I have all this new makeup to play with...just in time for me to go on a research cruise!






No comments:

Post a Comment