Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I have not forgotten you.

Hello lovely blog.

I love you and I have not forgotten you. I've been busy. I could tell you about it, if you'd like.

While I've been gone, quite a bit has happened. I got into a graduate program, for instance.

I found myself working two jobs which is better for my paychecks, but awful for my free time. I loved free time. It gave me so many opportunities to write in you that I squandered away by napping or watching Netflix.

I've been reading more.

I've been applying for health insurance and doing taxes and pretending that I'm an adult.

I cultivated new friendships and found a group of great people in Hawaii who have a wide range of interests and hobbies.

But, perhaps the most realistic reason I've been gone is because. . .I had no idea what to write about.

After reading quite a few blogs and finding some favorites, I'm trying to do a bit more writing every day. I'm documenting lifestyle things on my own personal blog, but this one is still special to me. It's one I share with Kristen and I feel like it isn't limited to any one thing. Some day I might want to do a post where I discuss every single neato picture I pinned on Pinterest that day and you know what? I CAN DO IT HERE. I can post fashion failures (which I started a Pinterest for, while we're on the subject) and I can take snaps of offensively bad spelling errors on signs.

Kristen and I have both seen the Veronica Mars movie that was birthed, in part, from our contributions to the Kickstarter. We've talked about doing a movie review blog together. We're working on that, along with other topics to put up new content. Believe it or not, this bad boy has 60+ posts already. Who would have guessed?

Anyway, my perfect, wonderful Super Clear Tape. That's what's up with me, your recently MIA contributor. I love you, I miss you, and I want you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment